Become a market leader in improving the health of your members while identifying and eliminating waste.
Reduce your claim costs with our protocols that empower clients and focus them on moving forward. At eHealthier, we work with you to achieve an optimal outcome and this involves:
- Minimising the cost of each individual claim
- Ensuring the insured is happy with the outcome, be it the employer or the injured party
- Ensuring the worker regains pre-injury productivity
- Ensuring the injured party regains pre-injury health status
“Health Outcome tests offer a special benefit to injury insurers, dramatically reducing claim costs for permanent impairment.” *
Since the World Health Organisation (WHO) reintroduced ‘functional health’ in 2001 into the medical lexicon, researchers largely focused on the dimensions of functional health. Hundreds of Health Outcomes tests have been developed to measure functional health and eHealthier has hand-picked the most appropriate of these for injury insurers.
eHealthier recommends that injury insurers utilise one generic Health Outcomes tool to measure functional health status, and one body-specific Health Outcomes tool. These are measured regularly over the life of a claim.
These measures produce functional health status ‘scores’ that are valid, reliable and scientifically sound. They measure Health Outcomes “over time” and give injury insurers clear indications to determine if treatment is reasonable or necessary.
Benefits of using eHealthier
- Have your members take a central role in managing their health.
- Demonstrate improved health and quality of life (Functional Health Status).
- Radically reduce inappropriate hospital admissions by reducing inappropriate invasive treatments and investigations on high risk patients.
- Measure health gain by treatment providers.
- Use generic and disease specific Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) to monitor the change in health status over time.
- Retain membership by offering Health Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) measures for those members who do not claim in one year.
- Hold allied health workers (eg. physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, remedial masseurs) accountable for health gain achieved by measuring members’ functional health status pre- and post-treatment to determine health gain achieved.
- Hold contracted hospitals “accountable” for health gain achieved on hospitalised members, by measuring functional health status on admission, at discharge and four months post-discharge to determine health gain.
- Work with GPs and Primary Health Networks to improve functional health using PROMs, encouraging lifestyle prescriptions and substituting drug prescriptions where possible.
Reduce claim costs with eHealthier. Ask us how.
* NCCI. Impact on Impairment Ratings from switching to AMA’s 6th Edition Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment July 2012)